- Activheal® foam adhesive is an absorbent foam dressing ideal for moderate to high exuding wounds.
- ActivHeal® Foam Adhesive is a two layer dressing indicated for moderate to heavily exuding wounds. Each layer of the ActivHeal® Foam Adhesive contributes to the performance of the dressing.
- The dressing comprises of a polyurethane absorbent foam pad and a polyurethane membrane. The core of the dressing is a layer of absorbent polyurethane foam which absorbs wound exudate vertically into the dressing. The absorbent pad retains the exudate within the dressing preventing the exudate from re-entering the wound and preventing maceration to the peri wound and surrounding skin. The polyurethane membrane provides an effective barrier function and is waterproof whilst allowing the transpiration of exudate which aids the total fluid handling capacity of the dressing.
- Indicated for moderate to heavily exudating wounds. The dressing offers a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive border ensuring the dressing remains in place allowing the patient to continue everyday activities confidently. The dressing conforms to the contours of the body which reduces the risk of rucking or catching on clothing and bedding.
- Excellent absorption of exudate
- Promotes healing through a moist wound environment
- Reduces the risk of maceration
- Bacterial barrier
- Soft and comfortable
INDICATIONS- ActivHeal® Foam Adhesive is indicated for the following moderate to heavily exuding wounds:
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Post operative surgical
- Cavity wounds (as a secondary dressing)
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Graft wounds and Donor sites
- Superficial and partial thickness burns