- The BOA® Fit System provides the easy way to the user to by turning the dial for patients desired compression.
- The BOA® Fit System provides micro-adjustable compression and stabilisation on the arch & the ankle.
- Criss-cross type straps provide additional support & Pressure.
- Lateral & medial two plastic splints prevent inflammation & sprains of introversion & extroversion of the ankle joint & minimizing its re-injury.
- Lightweight ventilated material for maximum user comfort & fit with a shoe.
- It can be worn with a shoe, either left or right.
1. FIGURE 8 STRAPS
Commonly referred to as "figure of 8 straps", these straps start from the top of each side of the ankle and cross diagonally over the top of the foot and then underneath to the other side. They anchor to adjustable velcro in a vertical fashion similar to a 'stirrup' support. These straps are designed to mimic the technique of taping your ankle using rigid sports tape
2. SIDE STABILISERS
Lateral and medial plastic inserts assist in preventing introversion/extroversion of the ankle. They are shaped to avoid putting pressure on the malleoli (bony prominence on each side of the ankle).
3. LOW BULK
Ankle braces are most effective when they work in conjunction with the compression of the shoe. However, when the material is too bulky it can be uncomfortable, especially underneath the foot. The Dr Med Ankle Brace with BOA provides the firmest support with a very low profile in the shoe
4. FAST APPLICATION
Simply release the BOA dial, push out the tongue, and insert your foot. A few quick twists of the dial to re-tighten and you're ready to go
5. EXCELLENT COMPRESSION
Most ankle braces use traditional shoelaces for tightening. To insert your foot easily, you must loosen the laces at the bottom of the support. Then to optimise compression, you must re-tighten all of the laces. This can be tedious, and often results in having inadequate compression over the top of your foot. However, the Dr Med BOA system spreads the compression firmly evenly all the way up the support; the entire brace compresses at once using the simple BOA dial system giving you reliable support and adjustability every time
6. QUALITY MATERIALS
Ventilated section in the tongue, with soft inner padding for comfort. Thin, lightweight, but tough outer layer to prevent splitting and enhance support.
The BOA tightening system contains three integral parts: a micro-adjustable dial, super-strong lightweight laces, and low friction lace guides. Turn to tighten + Quick release. With instant, single-handed fine-tuning as precise as 1mm, you can easily adjust for comfort or a more targeted performance without ever losing focus. And once dialled in, The Boa System stays that way.