- Activheal® hydrocolloid is an ideal wound dressing for the treatment of light to moderately exuding wounds.
- Available with a film or foam backing, within a range of shapes and sizes, ActivHeal® Hydrocolloid provides a versatile dressing choice to promote moist wound healing.
- The dressing absorbs exudate away from the wound whilst the breathability of the top film allows excess fluid to be transferred through the dressing.
- ActivHeal® Hydrocolloid consists of a thin layer of hydrocolloid laminated to a highly breathable film, in addition to this ActivHeal® Hydrocolloid Foam Backed has a polyurethane foam backing which provides a cushion to aid patient comfort and protection to the wound.
- Provides a moist wound healing environment
- Provides a bacterial barrier1
- Available in film and foam backed for extra comfort
- ActivHeal® Hydrocolloid absorbs exudate into the hydrocolloid matrix and transpires wound fluid through the breathable outer layer. This combination enhances the total fluid handling capacity of the dressing whilst also ensuring that moisture is regulated within the wound.
INDICATIONS - ActivHeal® Hydrocolloid is indicated for use on wounds with a light to moderate level of exudate including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Post operative surgical wounds
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Can also be used on cavity wounds when used as a secondary dressing